Brief Information about Palau International Ship Registry
Palau, officially the Republic of Palau is an island country located in the western Pacific Ocean. Along with other Pacific Islands, Palau was made a part of the United States-governed Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands in 1947. Having voted against joining the newly-independent Federated States of Micronesia in 1979, the islands gained full sovereignty in 1994 under a Compact of Free Association with the United States.
Politically, Palau is a presidential republic in free association with the United States, with the US providing defence, funding, and access to social services. Palau is a democratic republic with directly elected executive and legislative branches.
Τhe Palau International Ship Registry was created by an amendment to the Title 7 of the National Code in 2010. The Palau International Ship Registry was appointed by the Government of The Republic of Palau as the Ship Registry Administrator and provides the day-to-day management for the Republic of Palau Ship Registry.
Registration under Palau:
- Worldwide Network of Maritime Registrars and other registration offices for local contact by Owners.
- Full technical Support operated from Piraeus, Greece and UAE.
- No restriction on Ownership of vessel
- No limitation to foreign ownership
- No restriction on Nationality of Master, Officers and Crew on-board(provided no sanction restrictions)
- Same day provisional Endorsement of Seafarer's COCs.
- Only Officers require Endorsements.
- Mortgage Registration is simple and secure.
- Registration on the Palau flag is quick, simple and efficient ensuring all involved parties are secured.
- Palau has formal agreements with all IACS Classification Societies plus INSB, Phoenix Register and some other non IACS ROs(ask for more details)
- Wreck Removal, Bunker and Civil Liability Convention Certificates can be issued
- Palau does not impose additional requirements on ship owners beyond the requirements of the IMO conventions to which Palau is party.
- Bareboat Chartering is allowed, both in and out.
- Yachts do not need Company to operate
- STCW Training and certification (CoC, CoP) for officers and Crew.
We Provide Also Bunker Certificate & Wreck Removal Certificate on behalf Palau Administration at VERY competitive prices